Why I've been quiet ....

Wednesday, November 23, 2011


This round I've been rather quiet with my posting. I didn't post what my goals were and for those with a keen eye my weight stats also haven't been changed in a fair while. Well I do have a good reason for it.  For the last 11 or so weeks my DH and I have been keeping a little bit of a secret ....


We're expecting a third addition to our family in late May.

Before I get you worried that I'm over doing it - I'm not. I've had clearance to continue what I've been doing from my doctors as long as I don't go and run any more half marathons in the near future.  I'm watching that I don't overheat and I'm staying hydrated. I even set my HR monitor to beep at me during a recent run (which I'll get around to blogging about later) so I did a lot of walking as opposed to running the whole thing.

I've been getting the comments about cutting back what I'm doing, not lifting my arms above my head, don't lift weights, stop running, you name it from people who think they know best (no doctors in this bunch either). But you know what, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and I'll cut back or stop when my body tells me to.

I know that I'll be heading for surgery again to have this bub.  So my plan of attack is that I AM going to be in the best possible shape when I get there as I know the recovery from such a major operation with 3 kids to look after isn't going to be a walk in the park.

The first trimester may be over but the morning sickness and fatigue are still lingering but this journey has a long way to go yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP