Find the Joy

Monday, October 3, 2011

For our third blogging challenge Kath has set us a more light hearted topic - FIND YOUR JOY!

Make me a list.

Or as my Gran used to say - count your blessings - every one.

Make me a list of all the NON FOOD self nurturing things that bring you joy. Count your blessings.

For some reason the first thing that popped into my head when I read the topic was Happy Gilmore.
"Think of a place that's really perfect. Your own happy place. Go there and all your anger will disappear."

So why not try and use that same sort of idea to stop you're self reverting back to the old habits of eating for comfort when things aren't going the way you'd hoped.  Who would have thought that I'd be relating Happy Gilmore to health, well being and fitness! Anyway here's some of the things that make me happy:
1.  Spending quality time with my husband.
2.  Being a SAHM for my girls. I'm not a home full time and cherish the time I have with them - even if some days they can drive me a little nuts.
3.  RUNNING! Some of you may not get it yet but if you keep with it, you will find your happy place out on the pavement. Just don't look for it on the treadmill. 
4. The first smell of rain on bitumen.  It reminds me of primary school - more specifically Grade 3, sitting near the window.  The years when you didn't have a care in the world.
5. Watching my girls sleep. They look so angelic and peaceful, once again without a care in the world.
6.  The buzz you get after a workout. Knowing that you smashed it and you'll be sore tomorrow but it's worth it.
7. Getting a sleep in! I can't remember the last time I had one of those.
8. Holiday's with my family.
9. Sitting outside in the sunshine, just watching the clouds float by.
10. Spending time with friends.
11. Music. It doesn't matter what sort - rock, classical, folk you name it. OK I do draw the line with some of the pop stuff.  I could just listen, sing along in the car or dance around with the girls. One of my favourite quotes is on the wall on a collage in front of me.
"Music ... I love it for what it makes me remember and for what it makes me forget" Anon

My list could go on and on but I'll pull it up there. Thank you so much Kath for making me think about my own happy place.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

Love it - its a big yep to all those things! xx

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP