Reflections on Round 2

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our last official weigh in and fitness test results occurred on Wednesday and as of tomorrow Round 2 comes to its official close.  So its time to reflect on what I've learnt and how far I've come.


Just over 15 weeks ago I was 81.0kg, today I'm 67.5kg.  An amazing loss of 13.5kg or 16.7%.  I've lost a total of 58cm off my body over five locations.



Week 1
Week 12
Total loss (cm)
Chest
109
99
10
Waist (at belly button)
116
95
21
Hips
123
109
14
Right Thigh
56
50.5
5.5
Left Thigh
58
50.5
7.5


My fitness stats have surprised me.



Week 1
Week 12
Improvement
Time Trial (900m)
5 min 32s
4 min 50s
42s
Push ups (on knees)
22
55
33
Wall sit
1min 0s
2min 14s
1min 14s
Ab Stage
2
2
-
Sit and Reach
-4.5
+0.5
5cm

To check off my goals that I set for myself back in May

1 month
I will lose 3kg - check
I will run 5km in 40min - check

3 months
I will lose 9kg -  check
I will run 10km in under 80 minutes - check

So not only did I achieve my goals, I smashed them.


So what have I learnt? Its hard to put into words.  I've come to trust in myself.  I know what my body needs and what it doesn't.  I'm learning to listen to myself and not to doubt my choices.  I'm learning to say no.  I've got work to do there but I am improving.  I now know that I love running, I crave the freedom and get out of sorts when I can't hit the road.  My training space is scared.  It my time to connect with my inner-self again, so please excuse me if I ignore you at the gym or as I'm out running.


There is a lot more that I still need to get my head around so I've decided that I will be returning to do Round 3.  I'm not expecting my results to be anywhere near as dramatic.  How could I expect that when my BMI has dropped from 29.75 to 24.79.



I'm attempting to not focus on the number as much in the next round.  My original goal weight was 63kg but that isn't what I'm truly aiming for.  I'm aiming to feel good in my own skin.   Before I started Round 2 I felt fairly good about myself due to my running, as I finish Round 2 I feel great and at the end of Round 3 I will feel even greater.  I will be mirroring my LJ tee that says "Good, Great, Greater".

This round my be over but my journey is still continuing


Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP