Round three bloggers challenge - All about me

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kath, aka Shrinking Kath, aka The Courage to Start has kindly set up a weekly blogging challenge as part of round 3 of the 12WBT.

The first topic is "Introduce Yourself", so here I go .....

1. Describe yourself in 25 words or less
I'm a work in progress. Wife and mum to two beautiful girls. I'm not the life of the party but I'm not sitting in the corner either. Watch out because I say what I think and sometimes it does sting a little (I need to work tact a little!).

2. What brings you to 12wbt?
I start 12WBT in Round 2 of 2011.  I'd started running at the beginning of the year and I thought my diet was going ok but I just couldn't shift the weight. I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  I wanted to feel better about myself and bring back the person that I know I can be.

3. Why do you blog?
I blog more for selfish reasons. I find it to be a perfect forum for dumping how I'm feeling and what I'm going though on my journey.  As a positive note if it helps inspire someone or makes someone realise that they are not alone then it's even better.

4. Who is your biggest inspiration in life and why?
Now you've thrown in a tough one. I'll go with my Grandma. She was always smiling and joyful and nothing seemed to get her down. Even during her last few days she found the strength to put on a cheerful voice while wishing me happy birthday. She was always so organised and never forgot dates or events. She loved life and those around her with all her heart. Most of all she had no regrets.

5. What things in life bring you the most joy?
My family.  I don't know what I'd do without my husband and kids. After that comes the freedom of running.

6. What do you think your greatest challenge is going to be this round?
To stay really focused on my diet. I've been able to be a little more relaxed last round with portion sizes as I was a lot bigger at the beginning but that's all changed now.

7. What are you most excited about 12wbt?
To get down to my goal weight of 63kg. I can't remember being that weight since high school at the end of year 12. I'm in those last 5kg area so I know its not going to be easy. 

8. And what scares the pants off you?
Believing any excuses I make up that cause me to stray and not make my goal.

9. Tell me - right now - today - how you feel about exercise in no more than 10 words.
Its my sacred place, enjoyment and time just for me.

10. Complete this sentence - in 12 weeks time - on the last day of 12wbt I am going to be feeling ...
on top of the world for being the best version of myself.

Please jump over to Kath's blog for a link to others that are also participating in this challenge.




2 comments:

SuperSizedtoFunSized September 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM  

I recently lost my Grandmother too Kym and we loved the same things about her. She never missed birthdays and was always interested in everyone.

I want to discover the joy of running. I'm glad you found it.

I'm a new follower and I've added you to my blog list too.

Great challenge hey? :)

Vikki

Margaret September 16, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

Great post Kym. Ah the joy of running. As soon as I find the joy of breathing at the same time my joy of running will blossom - lol.. Good luck with 12wbt. Can't wait to reach the 2nd of Kath's blog challenge. So much fun! :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP