Moving the goal posts

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Well almost 2 weeks of the 12wbt have finished and I've already achieved my four week goals of losing 3kgs (I've nearly hit 5kg) and running 5km in under 40 minutes. I've actually managed to do the 5km under 40 minutes a few times and the latest ones have been outside of any sort of event.

To top that off I ran my first 11km today and 1:26:51 and I finished the 10km in 1:18:41.  That means that I've achieved one of my 3 month goals which was to run 10km in under 80 minutes.




So it looks like its time for me to move the goal posts.  My main problem with this is I don't know where to reset them too.  I don't want to move them too far and then fail but on the other hand I need to move them to give me something to aim at and keep me motivated.

I'm also surprised in the changes in other areas of my health and fitness.  I don't feel that I need as much sleep.  Now that's saying a lot as I can't remember the last time that I actually didn't get up at least once during the night with the munchkins.  I'm not loathing getting up at 5:30am to get ready to go for a run in the dark.  While the biggest discovery of this week is that I can now touch my toes.  So yes it was after a workout so my muscles were warm but I can't remember the last time I could do that.

My attitude towards food and food choices is changing.  DH and I went out for dinner during the week for our anniversary and I didn't have dessert.  I only had a lemon, lime and vodka (instead of 2 - 3 glasses of wine) and I was very careful about my selection of entree and main.

I've got a love for baby spinach and rocket.  I used to hate rocket - or at least I thought I did.  My lunch today was a huge bowl of rocket (about 40g of it) a small tin of tuna and some cottage cheese and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.  The girls and I went shopping with Grandma today and we had a coffee - I no longer add sugar and it was a skinny late too.  I didn't even look at the cake cabinet.

Mish has obviously done something spot on with the pre-season tasks.  I've been on the merry-go-round so many times before but I've never actually enjoyed the "healthy" food, and exercising was more of an after thought that one of the first things that pops into my head in the morning.  To give you an idea about my slight obsession with exercise, tomorrow is meant to be my rest day and here I am thinking about what I can do, knowing full well that I'm going to be in a tonne of pain with DOMS.   Hmmmmm, I think I'll do my yoga DVD, at least it will help me stretch everything out and won't be too much workload.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP