10 Down, how many to go?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It dawned on me this morning during my weekly weigh in that since the end of April, signing up for the 12wbt and joining the gym I've lost 10kg in 11 weeks.  Four months of running and thinking I was doing well with food had me 1.4kg so this is proof that Mish's program works.

I'll be honest, it hasn't been easy.  I've been watching what I've been eating, I've been training 6 days a week.  But do you know what?  I am loving my training.  I get a little bit down when something gets in the way of it and I try so hard to rearrange things so that I can get it done.

After my circuit class today I thought I needed a little physical reminder of what 10kg feels like.  Crazy me picked up a 10kg plate and took it over to the treadmill and proceeded to run (ok shuffle).  I got a few strange looks but just to feel the difference that shifting that weight has made.  Sure my clothes are starting to fall off me, the numbers are getting smaller but nothing beats the freedom that comes from being able to move so much easier.

I can see why on the 1st of January I had such trouble running.  Apart from the mental side of getting my head around the whole concept of running, the physical strain on my body was so much larger than it is today.

So where to from here?  At the beginning of this challenge I said my 6 month goal was to have lost 18kg.  That would put me at a goal weight of 63kg.  Now I'm not so sure about it.  I don't want to set myself a number to aim at anymore.  I just want to get to a place where I feel comfortable in my own skin.  I want to feel and be healthy.   I might find that place at 70 or 65kg.  I just don't know.

All I do know is that I didn't feel good at 80+kg and I won't be going back there again.

2 comments:

Helen July 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM  

Bravo Kym, you're doing so well, I'm very proud of you!
Now you know the addictive bug of exercise...once you've been bitten, it's hard to shake isn't it!?!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP