The Day After

Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm a little surprised about my recovery from the Mother's Day Classic. Be it luck or good planning (definitely not skill) I managed to get out of bed with no more stiffness than after going for my normal run. Maybe it was the slow walk around the block with the family after dinner or the lovely epson salt bath once the kids were in bed. It definitely wasn't the stretching after the event as somehow I forgot about that part.

My 12wbt is becoming more or a reality. I had my program written up for me today at the gym after I did about 30 minutes of light cardio. I haven't set foot on a weights floor for about about 10 years but surprising enough I remember most of the torture machines that lay in wait. My trainer did however introduce me to two more evil exercises in an attempt to help strengthen my core and reduce the spare tyre.


The first being The Captain's Deck Chair. Now while I do have a little bit of core strength its not great and one look at this was enough to send me in a sweat. I have no idea how I'm meant to get to a minimum of 3 sets of 20 when I was flat out getting to 14 today but I suppose practice makes perfect.


I then was shown the inclined reverse crunch and I was starting to think that my trainer is trying to turn me into Super Women. Give me plain old crunches any day!

In the end I ended up having a bit of a laugh as I nearly slid off the bench. Apparently my trainer's pre-opening job had been to "Armor All" the benches. Oh well in just over 12 weeks time it looks like there could be abs of steel starting to appear.

3 comments:

Sarah aka Byclops May 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM  

Hi Kym!! Good luck for your 12wbt journey - i'm sure you'll smash it!

Anonymous,  May 11, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

Congratulations on pulling up after the run, I was surprised as well the person I ran with wasn't much of a runner and I stayed with her through the race and pulled up fine Monday. She didn't make it to work!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP